Pea Microgreens seeds
Pea microgreens seeds are easy to grow, looks great on any salads and is one of the all time favorite microgreens to grow. Having a nutty, distinct and delicious flavor, they are high in vitamins A, B, C and E, rich in calcium, chlorophyll, beta carotene and folic acid. Benefits of microgreens include adding iron, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus and potassium to your diet.
How to grow pea microgreens
- Soak the peas for 24/36 hours. You will need quite a large container as they double in size.
- Rinse and drain the seeds well.
- Sprinkle the soaked peas over a tray of compost and press down gently.
- It is advisable to use a micro biologically tested compost such as Klassmanna Peat Free Seed Compost available from Fruit Hill Farm.
- Cover with a fine layer of compost.
- Keep compost moist (but not soaking).
- Best kept at a steady temperature of about 20oC
- Cut pea shoots after about two weeks.