Growing Pea Microgreens seeds
Pea microgreens seeds are easy to grow, looks great on any salads and is one of the all time favorite microgreens to grow. Having a nutty, distinct and delicious flavor, they are high in vitamins A, B, C and E, rich in calcium, chlorophyll, beta carotene and folic acid. Benefits of microgreens include adding iron, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus and potassium to your diet.
How to grow pea microgreens and what to avoid
- soak the peas for 24/36 hours. You will need quite a large container as they double in size.
- rinse twice a day and drain the seeds well in colander until they germinate.
- sprinkle germinated seeds on a tray of 1” compost and press down gently.
- best to keep steady temperature and moist soil, not soggy
- harvest pea shoots 5cm above the seeds to avoid contamination
Avoid Chicken to prevent contamination