Wheatgrass seeds & how to grow?
Wheat grass is regarded as a super food, it is the young grass part of the sprouted wheat seed and is packed full of nutrients and vitamins. Because of this, it is an ideal addition to healthy juices and green smoothies. Wheat grass is very easy to grow and can be grown indoors effortlessly.
How to grow Wheatgrass ?
Wheat grass is an alkaline forming food meaning that it helps to balance the high acidic diets in our food. If the body is in an acidic state, this invites diseases to enter our bodies. Calcium, magnesium, boron, zinc, potassium and molybdenum are alkaline minerals found in wheat grass which re-balance the PH, nourishes and protects all cells in our body.
1. Rinse 100g seeds to remove dirt or dust to fit 10 x 20 inch tray.
2. Place seeds in glass jar and fill with water until seeds are completely covered. Wrap thin cloth with rubber band at jar opening.
3. Soak seeds in cool places overnight (8-14 hours)
4. Drain out water in jar, best drainage if jar at 60 degree.
5. Repeat rinsing and drainage for 2 days, Wheat grass seeds germinate.
6. Spread wheat sprouts evenly onto tray filled with compost or peatm oss, remember to pat down soil so they are even.
7. Keep soil moist. Apply “Ye Mian Bao” to stimulate leaf and root growth.
8. Let sprouts grow to 15cm in well-ventilated room to prevent mold.
9. Sprouts are ready to be harvested when 2nd grass blades start to grow from main grass strands.
10. Wheatgrass mature 14 days from sowing. One tray of wheatgrass is sufficient to juice 30ml a day for one week.
11. Use scissors and cut wheatgrass close to the bottom of the stem.
12. Take wheatgrass shot on empty stomach for balance diet. Prevent from consuming 30 mins before and after wheatgrass juice.